Watershed History Pages
Whitehall, Michigan

BACK TO HISTORY INDEX

The Following Photos Are From The Clarence E. & Ruth Pitkin Collection

[Scroll Down]


Hanson Street At Lions Park (Dump)

Goodrich Park From Hill at End of Colby

 
View From Hunts Hardware Parking Lot. Alley on the right.

The nearest building is the Moog Building. It was torn down in 1938, according to the article from July 28 of that year.
 

Colby at Division. The Pike Garage and eventual Eklund Garage left, White Lake Garage right.
 

From above photo


Colby at Division St. White Lake Garage at left, now Wesco location.

Lake St. near Slocum. Mill Pond Point far upper left.

From above photo


 

 

 

 

Whitehall Shoreline
From above photo

Wooden Substation. Looking North Toward Montague

Thompson St. into Whitehall
From above photo

Causeway looking N. Covell Office

North End of Mears.
The Whitehall Fire Dept which was built in 1891, after the "big fire" destroyed the original one.
It also served the home of the City Hall until they moved in 1960. It was torn down in 1962.

Unknown
Division St. Looking South
Methodist Church from above photo

 The first Whitehall Methodist Church was built in 1876 and burned to the ground on December 14, 1903.
The only thing that remained was the bell. This is the second church which was built in 1904.
Estimated to be tannery spur.
 

Detail from above photo, Lewis house.

BACK TO HISTORY INDEX